Saturday, January 29, 2005

Foreword 8: A serious perfectionist

When Wen Shan asked me to write this foreword, I was busy with work in China. After I hung up the phone I thought for a while. There are many things about Jie Lun, and at this very moment the most significant thing that has risen on my mind, is Zhou Jie Lun’s “Wu Yu Lun Bi” concert held in Taiwan on October 2nd. This was my very first time to watch his concert in Taiwan, (in the past I had been performing on stage, so I couldn’t enjoy that feeling of being part of the audience), therefore I shall start from here!

I had only arrived back in Taiwan one day before the show, at around 11 o’clock in the evening. I rang him once I got off the plane, and the very first thing he said to me was “You arrived? I just got home after the rehearsal and about to get some rest”. I said, “I’m back, tomorrow I’ll definitely bring a bunch of friends to cheer for you!”. He was very happy after hearing what I’d said, because his coughing hadn’t recovered, he’d almost lost his voice, and so we’d agreed to meet the following day.

He probably had been coughing for two months! The reason why it hadn’t recovered was due to his hectic work and always working till late at night, always flying around to different places is rather difficult to rest properly, and so his flu just couldn’t recover that easily. Actually it’s not the company’s fault, he’s just too tense and serious. I’m sure everyone knows how hardworking he is with his music-making, but when he’s finished with recording the album, he would still go thinking about the plot for the MV’s, always having meetings with the director after work till midnight. It’s all right if it’s only for a couple of songs, but he has to spend time thinking of ideas and discussing with the director for every one of the songs! Besides this, he even watches the editing. It’s OK if he’s in the country. But when he’s overseas, he would still watch the director’s editing on video via the internet. Even Kuang Sheng has said that was his nightmare.

He is just a person like that, hoping to have the best works for his supporting fans. His success is certainly not without cause! I’ve been watching so clearly at the side.


I went to see him at around 11am on the day of the concert, there was no sound when I opened the door. When I got inside the room I saw him sitting in front of the desk, with his arms crossed he was staring out the window, on the table were bags of medicine, and it was raining outside. I knew he was worried and nervous, but still he joked and talked about something else as though there was nothing wrong. He would always just hide the pressure inside his heart, and have others feel relieved and at ease. Seeing that confident look on his face, I guess all I can do is to pray for him.


On the night of the concert the place was packed with people, coming with a bunch of friends we got into the ‘artiste area’ and stood in the first row. A lot of artistes had arrived and we all greeted each other, it was noticeable that everyone’s in a high and excited mood. It was raining lightly, some wore raincoats, and some held umbrellas. Suddenly came sounds of screams and applause, Jie Lun leaned on a huge red cross, descending from above, singing “Yi fu zhi ming”. Thank God, that very moment, the rained had stopped! I don’t know how to describe my emotions then. This concert I had screamed my voice out, my hands all red from the clapping, and even had reporters asking me why I was so high?! I only smiled and said nothing. I know he had worked so hard, and this was what I could only do right there as a “response” to him. When I turned around to see all those friends and fans supporting him, whenever Jie Lun appeared on stage they just wouldn’t put down their hands, tens of thousands of hands waving in the air, song after song……Some of these fans had queued up since early morning, some came all the way from overseas or from the central and southern parts to watch this concert, and had to travel all the way home after the concert. I’m sure if Jie Lun could really see what these fans were doing to support and cheer for him, all those hardwork was worth it.


Being his friend, I feel very proud. Although I’m a couple of years his senior, I could however learn so much from him. Will share with you all if there’s a chance next time. Wishing his back pain will disappear very soon, God bless him always!

-- Good friend, Liu Geng Hong

whoa so touching man! )):

anyhows, got the info tt JAY's grandeur de d major not coming to sg anymore.
sigh what can i say.
i dont wanna borrow!
i want my own booooooooook! ):

sokfan gave me the cd tt has alot of jay interviews videos etc.
watched KangXiLaiLe for the 3rd time.
laughed as much. lol
jay is soo cute!
his sense of pride ah.. (:

pearly&lena went to buy my cd today!
heh. cant wait for mon man.
the IncomparableVcd coming out too!
ARGH. haha. 3rdfeb if im not wrong.
i want both!
and im getting both!
lol

im beginning to forget quek.
haha. anw july is approaching. [is it? lol]
this thunderstorm show hulaoshi encouraging ppl to go.
pearly is gg! doraemon also i think.
i n wx gg becox SCO is performing lah?!
hahaha.
bought the 16dollars tic.
hope can see quek!
but hes conductor leh.. =S
told doraemon tt day she looked RATHER excited huh! haha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAREST RUIEN! ((((:
ahhh! 24th! (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]